Thursday, April 23, 2015

Second Life is a place we visit (2015) by Huckleberry Hax

This is a fascinating book for all people who have been in Second Life, live in Second Life or just want to understand what this is all about.

You get quickly drawn into this book just as it is with Second Life itself. Those who have been there and those who still are there know what I am talking about. 

I think one of my favorite line in the book is when Huck writes: "...SL is all about relationships..." And I believe Huck is right. The relationships we build here in this virtual world are just as meaningful as the ones we have in the real world. I have seen residents who have been friends for many years and perhaps they have spend more time in the virtual world with their virtual friends than in the real world. How can you call that relationship virtual, well it isn't, really. It is as real as the emotions that go into it.

I hope you go read the book and the other works by Huck.
Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment